Sunday, October 19, 2008

Keweenaw Vortex

I started this on Friday and finally finished it today. At the start of the weekend I wanted to make a piece to soothe me because I was easily stressed but at the end it sort of turned into an interesting collage of some of the same sounds repeated. One thing I really like about it is that you can't really hear the bass over the layering but you can feel it.

The title comes from this rock shop I pass almost everyday with a painted picture on the outside of 2 people, rather witch like, stiring something in what appears to be a volcano. With the words "Keweenaw Vortex" at the bottom. Or the top, I don't really remember. I don't have a picture right now but I'll be sure to put one up on here.

Keweenaw Vortex


2 comments:

Ben Vanpatten said...

this is great. it has a village ceremony feel too it.

Squatti said...

I just posted about this... check out my blog: http://woodratatat.blogspot.com/ for a picture of the Vortex people. Pretty amazing place.