Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dharma


Today I skipped school and hung out in my garage reading Jack Kerouac's "The Dharma Bums." One of the characters, Japhy, was climbing a mountain with Jack Kerouac and company. Being a buddhist, Japhy described it as basically returning to the graveyard of man's old ways. Well...that's what I derived from it at least. Before our time...man belonged to the woods. We died there. We were once primal. I decided to climb a bluff later in the day at about noon to try and see what if what Japhy was saying had any truth to it.

I felt it. Enlightenment. Full and pure.

I decided to name the bluff, "Dharma." Of course, in tribute. It means "true meaning." And when I was up on that point, I knew exactly what "true meaning" was and what Japhy meant. I was hit with inspiration, restoration and purpose. It feels like my "creative well" is full again. So no more musing, I've got a new angle.

No comments: